Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Let's get started!

OMG this is all about me, hmmm where to start, what to say?
 
Welcome to my blog, my name is Brandi. I am a thirty five year old single mom of two young and amazing children. If asked why I am about to indulge in the world of blogging I would say that the reality of it is I need some creativity in my life, so here we go.
 
I was married for ten years and if I had to describe my married life I would say content. Wow that sounds boring, well it was I was just content, not happy, not sad just content. My marriage wasn't horrible it could have been worse right, he could have been abusive, lol! At least that is what I told myself.
 
I got married when I was twenty two and I believed that whatever my husband wanted could be what I wanted as well. During the first seven years of our marriage I believe we learned to live our own lives. I did what I wanted and he did the same. He worked alot and I barely ever saw him so I began doing creative things like quilting, things I could do alone rather that sit around feeling sorry for myself, since I did move to another state for this guy and I hardly had any friends.
 
Everything about our lives together was boring. We had little in common, he liked crazy adventurous things and I was a chicken to try those things, especially with him. When I did try things with him I always regretted it. I remember when I first tried skiing, nothing like taking your future wife off the steepest hill on the mountain. Seriously, I cried the entire way down the mountain, sliding on my bumm because everytime I stood up I would start flying into oblivion, at least that is what it felt like to me. He didn't even stay by my side, no his friend helped me the entire way down the mountain, what a gentleman. You would think, hello lady that is a clear sign you should not marry a man like this. But know, I loved him right? He did however stop to check on me multiple times as he went up and down the mountain over and over again.
 
Wow I am thinking this could be fun and refreshing to share my misery with you. If nothing else maybe someone will read this and realize they are about to marry this same guy and choose differently.